HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Once Upon a Sketch - December

Hello and Merry Christmas to all my Blogging friends.  Sorry if I have been absent lately my 
computer is away getting fixed so I'm posting from a very old laptop which has been quite a trial.
But amongst all the busyness of Christmas I did find some time (very late at night) to create a page and card.

I had lots of yummy papers from Pink Paislee after attending the Heidi Swapp and Kim Jeffries 
class in Melbourne in November.

So this page is using a mix of Color Wash and Mixed Company papers and embellishments.
It's for the current sketch challenge at Once Upon A Sketch
My Journalling is based on the criteria of 'my favourite month'
A list of all the things I love about January.
 

Here's the Sketch my layout is based on.


The picture on my page is a print of one of my Instagram photo's capturing a lovely sunset on the Great Ocean Road at Lorne last January.
So I loved this Insta title.

My embellishment cluster is made up of flowers, some of them altered with Color Shine sprays
I love the ephemera packs and resist diecuts.
  

 And while I had all these lovely papers out I put together this little Mixed Media 
Birthday Card for my Daughter whose birthday is in my favourite month. ;)



Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you a very Merry Christmas.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Amazing backgrounds!! I especially love the first one!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI.. What a stunning photo for your layout, and your back ground is exquisite! I like January too.. but I did not get time to get a layout done.. very busy month ...I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas.. I got some gelatoes for Chrissy so I will be watching your layouts closely to glean any techniques to use.. hehe..love how you create.. anyways.. all the best for 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chiming in with Lizzy - that photo is just PERFECT for your page! you always excel at your backgrounds and this one is no exception - just fabulous Leonie! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share your beautiful page with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background techniques, wonderful colours & fantastic photo! So sorry to hear of your computer woes...I have a similar situation here & it is doing my head in!! Hope you also have an awesome time away. January here is extremely hot & humid - sounds much nicer there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and card. What gorgeous texture and colour. I agree with you who would not love Jan. The colours on the photo are just beautiful ... I love this layout. The card is just beautiful too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS this month. Please load your layout onto our OUAS FB page :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leonie, what a gorgeous page and card. Your colors and textures are just amazing and couldn't be more perfect to showcase this amazing photo!! Thanks for joining us for the December Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge! Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely amazing creativity, as always

    ReplyDelete