HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Saturday, February 4, 2012

scrap the girls-February

When I found out the Criteria for this months Scrap the Girls challenge I was so excited to get 
scrapping.

LOVE in the TITLE
TURQUOISE as the DOMINANT COLOUR and
CHIPBOARD


I'm not sure why but lately I have been loving anything turquoise coloured.
I chose these photo's and built my layout around them using Prima paper as a base that 
had turquoise as its main colour.


I added the chippie birdcage and bird which I'd altered with inks and crackle paint.


A close up of my journalling.


The canvas Prima flowers were white but I altered them with paint and inks to match the colour 
criteria.


I hope you're inspired by these criteria too,
brought to you by 
our Guest Designer this month at STG, Agnieszka Bellaidea.
You can see all the other CT examples here.

There are some fab sponsors this month too, even more reason to participate!

and

**************************

This is my photo for yesterday - the prompt being 'hands'

No I wasn't driving when I took this photo, the engine was turned off!
The main reason I took 
this picture was because I wanted to document the fact that I'm wearing my wedding band.

I took it off seven years ago when I was pregnant with Maggie. After loosing 18kg in the last four months
I was finally able to get it back on my finger. It was one of my weight loss goals achieved!
Still I long way to go but this has certainly sweetened the journey. 


Cheers, hope you're enjoying your weekend.

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous layout Leonie! You are so lucky to have your mum live close by.
    Love your photo too. Well done on achieving one of your goals. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout and love the photo. Congrats on achieving that goal x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout Leonie, the colours are fabulous & I love your crackled bird! Congrats on your weight loss...such a special 'hand' photo!
    Thank you for your comment on my blog...guess we all wonder the same thing ;) & in answer to your question 'do people get anything out of my posts?'...answer, absolutely!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on achieving your goal! And the layout is gorgeous. Love the theme! Hugs Helene

    ReplyDelete
  5. 18kg's in 4 months?!? I need to know your secret!! That is amazing! I am on just over 2kg's in a month - pretty lame...And wow I love your mum layout!! Those photos are very special...

    ReplyDelete